Expressing "everyone" with "shei"
|This article is a stub. Editors can help the Chinese Grammar Wiki by expanding it.|
"谁也/都" (shéi yě/dōu) is a pattern used to express "everyone" in Chinese. The placement of the question word 谁 is very similar to the way 什么 (shénme) can be used to express "every", along with other question words like 哪儿 (nǎr) and 多少 (duōshǎo).
- 谁 都 能 学 汉语。Everyone can study Chinese.
- 谁 都 知道 他 做 了 什么。Everyone knows what he did.
- 谁 都 想 找 一 个 好 老公。Everyone wants to find a nice husband.
- 谁 都 见 过 美女。Everyone has seen beautiful girls.
- 谁 都 喜欢 钱。Everyone likes money.
Sources and further reading