How to do something with "zenme"
A primer on how to use 怎么.
The question word 怎么 is used to ask how in Chinese. It is inserted in front of the verb that's being asked about:
Subject + 怎么 + Verb + Object
Note that the subject can often be omitted from general "how to" questions.
- 怎么 去？How do you get there?
- 中文 怎么 说 "apple"？How do you say "apple" in Chinese?
- 怎么 用 筷子 吃饭？How do you use chopstick to eat?
- 怎么 做饭？How do you cook?
Starting a "how to" question with the topic is very common. That is, the thing being asked about is introduced first, then a question is asked about how to do something involving it:
Topic + 怎么 + Verb
- 超市 怎么 走？How do you get to the supermarket?
- 芒果 怎么 吃？How do you eat mangoes?
- iPad 怎么 用？How do you use an iPad?
- 太极拳 怎么 打？How do you do Tai-chi?
Sources and further reading
- Integrated Chinese: Level 1, Part 1 (3rd ed) (pp. 191) [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0887276385/ref=as_li_ss_tl?
- 现代汉语八百词（增订本） (pp. 651-2) →buy