From Chinese Grammar Wiki
|This article is a stub. Editors can help the Chinese Grammar Wiki by expanding it.|
AKA: question words, wh-words
- Chinese word order: "in-situ" question words. Unlike in English, the word order doesn't change because the sentence is a question.
- Interrogative pronouns for quantity: 多少 and 几
- 多少 is a versatile interrogative pronoun and can cover any number; 几 is generally used for numbers 1 - 9.
- 几 must have a measure word, whereas 多少 can occur alone or with a measure word.
- Interrogative pronouns can also mean "anything", "anyone", "something" or "someone" e.g. 谁都喜欢中国菜.