Expressing "over and over again" with "zaisan"
(Redirected from ASGP6LVA)
再三 (zàisān) or means "repeatedly" or "time and again" in a formal way, and is usually placed before a two-syllable verb.
Although the verb phrase in the pattern is usually referring to past events, 了 and 过 are generally not used with 再三, but you will sometimes see it.
再三 + Verb Phrase
- 老师 再三 强调 这 次 考试 对 我们 很 重要。The teacher has stressed over and over that this exam is really important for us.
- 这 个 决定 是 经过 再三 考虑 做 出来 的。This decision was made after much consideration.
- 中国 政府 再三 警告 美国 不要 干涉 中国 的 内政。China's government has warned the USA repeatedly not to interfere in China's affairs.
- 她 再三 犹豫 之后，选择 了 放弃 比赛。After hesitating again and again, she chose to quit the competition.
- 我们 再三 考虑 过 后，决定 满足 你 的 这 个 要求。After having considered it many times, we decided to satisfy this requirement of yours.
- 我 再三 提醒 你 出国 旅游 一定 要 小心 你 的 钱包。I've reminded you again and again that you need to be careful with your wallet when you travel abroad.
- 我 再三 劝 你 不 要 这样 做，你 还是 不 听。I've advised you repeatedly not to do this, but you still don't listen.
- 他 再三 表示 不 会 参加 下 一 届 的 奥运会。He has repeatedly indicated that he will not participate in the next Olympic Games.
- 我 已经 再三 告诉 你 了 这 次 会议 的 重要性，你 还是 迟到 了。I've already repeatedly told you the importance of this meeting, yet you still showed up late.
- 经过 再三 考虑，我 还是 决定 做 老师。After thinking it over many times, I have decided to become a teacher.