Emphasizing a negation with "bing"
One of the many uses of 并 (bìng) is to add emphasis to a sentence that uses 不 or 没. Because you're emphasizing a negation, 并 is often used when expressing disagreement, or pointing out a flaw in someone's argument. While the word 并 is not inherently combative, it can certainly be used that way.
You can take pretty much any sentence with a negated verb,and give it a little extra kick with 并. Just put it before the 不 or 没. Note that when used with 不, you can negate an adjective as well.
Subj. + 并 + 不 + Verb / Adj.
Subj. + 并 + 没（有) + Verb
- 在 中国 创业 并 不 容易，有 很 多 的 挑战。In China, starting a business really isn't easy. There are a lot of challenges.
- 我 在 大学 读 金融 专业，但是 当 金融 分析 人员 并 不是 我 的 梦想。I'm majoring in finance at the university, but being a financial analyst really isn't my dream.
- 她 结婚 五年了，也 生了 一个 孩子，但 她 并 不 爱 她 丈夫。She's been married for five years and she has a baby.But she doesn't even love her husband.
- 你 这样 做 其实 并 没有 解决 客户 的 问题。The way you dealt with it actually didn't solve those problems of our clients.
- 我 弹 钢琴 十年 多 了，但 我 并 不 喜欢 这 种 乐器。I've been playing the piano for more than ten years, but I didn't really like this musical instrument.
Sources and further reading
- HSK Standard Course 4上 (pp. 45) 40 Lessons for Basic Chinese Course (基础汉语40课上册） →buy
- Boya Chinese Lower Intermediate 1 (博雅汉语准中级加速篇) (pp. 158) 40 Lessons for Basic Chinese Course (基础汉语40课上册） →buy
- Boya Chinese Upper Intermediate 1 (博雅汉语中级冲刺篇) (pp. 11) 40 Lessons for Basic Chinese Course (基础汉语40课上册） →buy
- Integrated Chinese: Level 2, Part 1 (pp. 304-5) 40 Lessons for Basic Chinese Course (基础汉语40课上册） →buy
- 卓越汉语－公司实战篇 (pp. 19) 卓越汉语－公司实战篇 →buy
- 现代汉语虚词例释 (pp. 41) 卓越汉语－公司实战篇 →buy
- 现代汉语虚词手册 (pp. 25) 卓越汉语－公司实战篇 →buy