Expressing "although" with "jinguan"
尽管 (jǐnguǎn) means "although," and is a little stronger than 虽然, perhaps more like "even though."
尽管 A，还是 / 仍然 B
- 尽管领导 今天 不 来，可 我们 还是 不 能 偷懒。Even though the leaders aren't coming today, we still can't be lazy.
- 尽管 火 很大，很 危险，消防员 仍然 勇敢 地 冲了 进去。Even though the fire was big and it was very dangerous, the firefighters are still bravely running in.
- 尽管 失败 了 好几次，可 他 仍然 想 创业。Even though he's failed many times, he still wants to start a business.
- 尽管 实现 这个 目标 不 太 容易，但是 我们 不能 这么快 就 放弃 。Even though it's not that easy to realize this goal, we can't just give up on it.
- 尽管 没 人 赞同 他的 观点，他 还是 坚持 自己 的 看法。Even though nobody agreed with him,he still holds to his views.
可 or 但是 can be added before 还是 or 仍然 to further emphasize the shift in meaning in the second phrase.
Sources and further reading