Comparing specifically with "xiang"
(Redirected from ASG1MD4N)
像 (xiàng) is used to compare a specific characteristic of two things or people.
像 as "Just Like"
Noun 1 + 像 + Noun 2 + 一样 + Adj. / Verb
- 她 有时候 像 小孩 一样 天真 。She's as naive as a little kid sometimes.
- 这个 老外 的 汉语 像 中国人一样 地道 。This foreigner can speak Chinese as fluently as native speakers do.
- 他 很 生气 ，像 疯子 一样 大 叫 起来 。He was very angry and started to scream like a lunatic.
- 你 怎么 像 我 妈 一样 啰嗦 ！ Why do you sound as nagging as my mom!
- 我 像 你 一样 大 的时候，还 不 知道 手机 是 什么 。When I was as old as you are, I didn't know what a cell phone was.
不像 as "Not as ... as"
Noun 1 + 不像 + Noun 2 + (⋯⋯ ) 这么 / 那么 + Adj. / Verb
- 高铁 不 像 飞机 那么 快。High-speed trains are not as fast as airplanes.
- 上海 的 冬天 不 像 北京 那么 干 。Winters in Shanghai are not as dry as in Beijing.
- 这 个 男 老师 不 像 那 个 女 老师 那么 严格 。This male teacher is not as strict as that female teacher.
- 我 不 像 我 父母 那么 喜欢 省钱 。I don't like saving money as much as my parents.
- 中西部 不 像 东部 发展 得 那么 快 。The middle and western regions hasn't developed as rapidly as the eastern region.
- Basic comparisons with "bi"
- Basic comparisons with "yiyang"
- Expressing comparable degree with "you"
- Basic comparisons with "meiyou"
Sources and further reading