Difference between revisions of "Expressing "if… then…" with "jiaru""
m (Text replacement - "……" to "⋯⋯")
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
"" (jiǎrú..., jiù...) is yet another way to express "If..., then..." in Chinese, but it is much more formal than [["If… Then…" with "yaoshi"|要是]] or [["If…, then…" with "ruguo…, jiu…"|如果]] are (in both written and spoken Chinese).
Revision as of 09:26, 20 October 2016
假如 + Statement + 就 + Result
- 假如 你 的 成绩 再 好 一点儿，你 就 能 申请 北大 了。If your grades come up a little more, then you can apply to Beijing University.
- 假如 我 是 你，我 就 戒烟。If I were you, I would give up smoking.
- 假如 你 的 女朋友 不 爱 你，你们 就 分手 吧。If your girlfriend doesn't love you, then you should break up.
Sources and further reading
- Common Chinese Patterns 330 (汉语常用格式330例) (pp. 124) →buy
- Modern Mandarin Chinese Grammar: A Practical Guide (pp. 279) →buy