Emphasizing negation with "you"
In this structure, 又 is used to emphasize that something "didn't happen," "is not" the case, or "will not happen." It's most often used with 不 and 没. This grammar structure is often used in an accusatory context, and when used with other expressions like 干吗 (gànmá) can show annoyance.
又 + 不 / 没 + Predicate
- 问 我 干吗 ？我 又 不 知道 。Why ask me? I definitely don't know.
- 这些 菜 又 没 坏 ，为什么 要 扔 ？These dishes haven't gone bad. Why would you throw them away?
- 不要 生气 ，我 又 不 是 故意 的 。 Don't be mad.It really wasn't on purpose.
- 今天 又 不 热 ，开 空调 干吗 ？It's not hot today. Why turn on the air conditioner?
- 明天 又 不 上班 ，那么 早 起床 干吗 ？You don't work tomorrow. Why get up so early?
- 你 现在 又 不 忙 ，来 帮 我 一下 。You're not busy now. Come and help me.
- 我 又 没 吃 过 ，怎么 知道 好 不 好吃 ？I haven't eaten it. How would I know if it is tasty or not?
- 孩子 又 没 做错 ，打 他 干吗 ？The child didn't do anything wrong. Why are you spanking him?
- 又 没 下 雨 ，带 伞 干吗 ？It's not raining. Why are you bringing the umbrella?
- 又 不 关 你 的 事 ，问 那么 多 干 吗？It's none of your business. Why all the questions?