Complement "-huai le"
Adj. + 坏了
As with many other grammar patterns, both adjectives and psychological verbs work in this pattern.
In these examples, the state is negative or undesirable, so is a natural fit for -坏了.
- 大家 都 累 坏了。Everyone was dead-tired.
- 我 早饭 和 中饭 都 没 吃 ，饿 坏了 。I didn't eat anything for breakfast or lunch. I'm starved to death.
- 发现 爸爸 又 去 赌钱 了 ，妈妈 气 坏了 。Discovering the father went gambling again, the mother was incensed.
- 孩子 不见 了 ，妈妈 急 坏了 。The child is missing. The mother is worried sick.
- 一个 男人 突然 拿出 一把枪 ，乘客们 都 吓 坏了 。A man took out a gun all of a sudden and the passengers were scared senseless.
- 你 一晚上 没有 给 我 打 电话，我 担心 坏了 。You haven't called me all night. I've been worried sick.
- 面试官 太 严肃 了，我 都要 紧张 坏了 。The interviewer was so serious. I was a nervous wreck.
It's also OK to use -坏了 with positive adjectives sometimes, similar to -死了.
- 听到 这个 好 消息 ，大家 都 高兴 坏了。Everyone was thrilled to hear the good news.
- 这个 笑话 让 我们 都 乐 坏了 。We really got a kick out of this joke.
- 她 终于 买到 了 演唱会 的 门票，她 激动 坏了。She was ecstatic when she finally got tickets to the concert.